Subfolder for validation files

Feb 11, 2014 at 10:02 PM
I Jeff,
first for all you have do a great job, thanks for your work!

My question is: Is it possible to have an attribute to indicate a subfolder for the validation file?

Thanks for your time
Alex
Coordinator
Feb 12, 2014 at 6:17 PM
Hi Alex,

Thank you for your feedback! Gepsio hasn't been updated in a while, but that's because I have been busy getting it to work on other platforms.

I'm not sure that I understand your question regarding placing an attribute for subfolders for the validation file. Could you help me understand with an example of what you'd like to do?

Thanks for trying Gepsio,
Jeff Ferguson
Feb 16, 2014 at 3:33 PM
Edited Feb 16, 2014 at 5:36 PM
Hi Jeff,

thanks for the interest.

I see that each xbrl file got this entry (the value of xlink:href may be variable)
<link:schemaRef xlink:type="simple" xlink:arcrole="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink/properties/linkbase" xlink:href="itcc-ci-ese-2009-02-16.xsd"/>

That entry is used for the validation path file.

Actually i've create a function that override the entry above, change the attrubite xlink:href="itcc-ci-ese-2009-02-16.xsd" inflating the directory i use for validation files.

My question is: Would be possible to have an attribute that override the default directory path of the validation files?

Ex.
XbrlDocument xbrlDoc = new XbrlDocument();
xbrlDoc.ValidationPath = @"C:\ExampleOfValidationPath\";
xbrlDoc.Load(@"XbrlFiles\1541312640004.xbrl");
I've uploaded 2 files xblr in the attachment.

Thank you
Alex

ps. Sorry for my bad english.
pps.
Actually the code that i use is:
            foreach (var item in Directory.GetFiles(@"XbrlFiles", "*.xbrl"))
            {
                XElement file = XElement.Load(item);
                XElement XValidationPath = file.Elements().Where(e => e.Name.LocalName == "schemaRef").First();
                XAttribute XPath = XValidationPath.Attributes().Where(e => e.Name.LocalName == "href").First();
                string strPath = XPath.Value;
                string strValidationFileName = Path.GetFileName(strPath);
                string strNewValidationPath = string.Format("..//Templates/XbrlValiationSchemas/{0}", strValidationFileName);
                XPath.Value = strNewValidationPath;

file.Save(item);
            }