Installing Gepsio via Nuget?

Mar 18, 2014 at 8:02 AM
Has anyone else tried this?
Didn't work for me, so just trying to figure out if it's me, or a real problem.
Cheers
Mark.
Coordinator
Mar 18, 2014 at 10:26 AM
Hi Mark,

What errors do you see when you try to grab Gepsio via NuGet?

Thanks,
Jeff Ferguson
Mar 18, 2014 at 9:32 PM
It appears to install, but no reference is added to the project, and the package manager UI doesn't show it as installed.
I think the .dll just needs to be in a lib folder in the nupkg.

Easier to show you. Watch: http://screencast.com/t/AdOF9zmQFHg

I am using VS2013.
Regards,
Mark.
Mar 19, 2014 at 1:32 AM
I think you just need a new version of nuget.exe.

nuget pack JeffFerguson.Gepsio.csproj

produces a nupkg with a lib folder .
Coordinator
Mar 19, 2014 at 2:09 AM
Fair enough, Mark. Please let me know what happens after you install the latest version of NuGet.
Mar 19, 2014 at 12:21 PM
Jeff,
Sorry for the confusion. You have to publish (push) the package up as I don't have your API keys! I

I don't know what script/commands you used previously, but with the latest nuget it should be:
nuget pack <project-name>
nugget publish <nupkg name>
and your done.
Coordinator
Mar 19, 2014 at 2:57 PM
Hi Mark,

I believe that the publication has already taken place. According to the page at http://www.nuget.org/packages/Gepsio/, the latest CTP has been downloaded 144 times through NuGet (and the previous CTP had been downloaded 267 times), so I had been under the impression that it has been working for others. I will double check.

Thanks,
Jeff
Mar 19, 2014 at 3:19 PM

And probably 50 of that 144 is me J

I don’t think the issue is with the publish but in how the nupkg is built. As I showed on the video, the lib folder is missing which is why the reference doesn’t get added.

The .dll is still extracted, so people can manually add a reference to it, but the whole point of Nuget is to make things super easy.

Happy to walk thru it in a screen share, etc.

Coordinator
Mar 19, 2014 at 4:03 PM
Thanks, Mark! I'll double check.
Mar 19, 2014 at 4:08 PM
Just to let you both know, I have just tried this on a clean vs2013 machine in a sample console app, and the package installed successfully but no reference was added.

cheers
graham
Coordinator
Mar 19, 2014 at 4:18 PM
Thank you both for the reports! I have been using an app called the NuGet Package Manager to make the Gepsio NuGet package. I must be missing something. I will start looking around to see what I missed. I appreciate the reports!